Utilizing $355,000 in funds received by the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office (AGO) from a settlement with Care.com, the AGO is pleased to offer a funding opportunity to strengthen trauma-informed early education and care practices for children from birth to age five. The Trauma-Informed Care for Young Children Grant Program is geared specifically toward funding training and other efforts to improve the capacity of early education and care providers to address the needs of children experiencing trauma.
The following types of organizations are eligible to apply:
- Non-profit organizations within Massachusetts*
*Non-profit organizations must be in full compliance with all annual reporting requirements of both the AGO and the Internal Revenue Service, as applicable, in order to be eligible for funding.
- Proposals must be delivered electronically through the AGO’s online grant application by 5:00 p.m. on February 8, 2019.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Applications will not be accepted in any other format.
- Interested applicants may access the application here.
- New applicants will be asked to create a free online account. Any applicant that has applied for any grant using the online grant management system may log into its existing account.
- Once applicants have started an application, the application may be saved and returned to later.
- Confirmation of Receipt: Applicants typically receive an email confirmation within 48 business hours; if one is not received, please call 617-963-2291 for further instructions and assistance.
Questions regarding this RFP may be submitted to AGOgrants@state.ma.us, only until 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019. When submitting your question(s), please include “Trauma-Informed Care for Young Children” in your email subject line.