Do you consider yourself a leader? Or, have you thought about what leadership means to you? Through this interactive session, participants will learn about the differences between being a manager and being a leader. Participants will also examine leadership styles, skill sets and behaviors that will make an impact on those they lead and influence. At the end of the session, participants will receive a customizable plan to map their own leadership development post-session. Our guest speaker for this presentation will be Catherine Rymsha, Ed.D., leadership expert, author, TEDx speaker and UMass Lowell adjunct faculty member.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
Registration is closed
Registration closes 2 weeks before a class starts
Blackboard login details will be emailed to registrants
9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- Defining leadership and its meaning to you
- The differences and similarities between management and leadership
- The styles, skill sets and behaviors that help leaders lead well and influence
- How we can develop ourselves as leaders whether we lead formally, or not