Important information to prepare for your visit to a DOC facility
Visitation guidelines for each facility are contingent upon testing data and positivity rates specific to each site and in the broader community. Like re-opening practices across the Commonwealth, DOC’s approach is based on data and may change based on that data.
Personal visits are limited during this phase to one visit per inmate per week, with up to two visitors at a time, and must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Visitors will still need to ensure they are added to their loved ones pre-approved visiting list and have completed the pre-approval process.
Attorney visits remain ongoing and unaffected by this change.
The following are Department-wide protocols to ensure safety for inmates, staff, and visitors.
- Visitors will answer standard screening questions about their health.
- Visitors will have their temperatures taken prior to entering the facility.
- Visits will be conducted in designated areas, and all individuals will remain in their assigned areas to maintain social distancing.
- Face coverings will be worn at all times, both by visitors and inmates.
- Face Coverings will be of a solid color or pattern print.
- Face Coverings that displays written statements, messages or slogans: sports teams or any other advertising slogans or logos; and pictorial depictions will not be allowed.
- Visitors will be required to use hand sanitizer before and after the visiting period.
- All visits are non-contact
Visitors must complete the pre-approval process prior to scheduling an in-person visit and must be listed on their loved one's pre-approved visiting list.
For visitors that have not completed the pre-approval process please follow the pre-approval instructions located here.
Scheduling a Visit
To schedule a visit, visitors will call their loved one's respective facility to submit your name for a visitation period and obtain any additional information on the protocols during this phase.
|Facility||Main Phone Number|
|Boston Pre-Release Center||(617) 822-5000|
|Bridgewater State Hospital||(508) 279-4500|
|Lemuel Shattuck Hospital Correctional Unit||(617) 552-7585|
|MASAC at Plymouth||(508) 291-2441|
|Massachusetts Treatment Center||(508) 279-8100|
|MCI-Cedar Junction||(508) 660-8000|
|North Central Correctional Institution||(978) 630-6000|
|Northeastern Correctional Center||(978) 371-7941|
|Old Colony Correctional Center||(508) 279-6000|
|Pondville Correctional Center||(508) 660-3924|
|Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center||(978) 514-6500|
To further promote connected relationships with families and loved ones, video visitation is operational. Video visitors must also complete the pre-approval process prior to scheduling a video visit and must be listed on their loved one's pre-approved visiting list prior to scheduling.
Please visit Securus Video Visitation online to create an account. For video visitation with Bridgewater State Hospital patients or persons served, please refer to the document below for more information.
For potential video visitors that have not completed the pre-approval process, please follow the instructions located here.