Who to call for other concerns

There are a number of government agencies available to answer your utility-related questions, provide you with information, and address any problems that you may have.

Report fraud or unfair practices

To report fraud or unfair practices, call the Office of the Attorney General at (617) 727-2200. 

Cape Light Compact

For questions about the Cape Light Compact, call (800) 381-9192.

Power Outages

The following is a list of electric distribution companies currently serving the state. You should report power outages and other maintenance problems to the electric company servicing your area.

Massachusetts Electric d/b/a National Grid


Nantucket Electric d/b/a National Grid


NStar d/b/a Eversource Energy




Western Massachusetts Electric d/b/a Eversource Energy


Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has an outage map that displays service interruptions from all the electric companies, but it does not include power outages in territories served by municipally owned electric utilities.  Customers of the municipally owned electric companies should continue to contact their utility in the event of an outage.


Additional Resources

Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC)

For questions about the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC), the state's organization of non-profit, community-owned municipal electric utilities, click here.   


Tell us what you think