Personally identifiable information
We use the term “personally identifiable information” to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number, birth date, bank account information, credit card information, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
Personally identifiable information we collect for the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion is used to validate your vaccine status and to contact you, or if you are under 18, your parent or guardian, in the event you are selected as a potential VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion winner. You are required to provide certain information in the course of registering as a condition of participating in the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion drawing.
- Information you provide that is required for preregistration:
- Your first name and last name
- Your date of birth
- Your street address, city and zip code
- A primary and a secondary telephone number for contact
- Your vaccine status
- If you are under 18, the following information of a parent or legal guardian:
- Phone number
- Email address
- In the event you are a potential winner, you will be required to provide:
- Proof of identity and residency and you will be required to affirm eligibility on all other elements prior to being declared an Official Winner
Internet Activity Information
How we use personally identifiable information for the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion
We may use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To administer the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion. When you enter your first name, last name, date of birth, and other required information, we will use the information you provide to contact you, or if you are under 18, your parent or guardian, in the event you are selected as a potential VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion winner. We will also use this information to validate your vaccine status to confirm your eligibility to win a prize.
- Your name, and possibly your likeness, will be announced and published on mass.gov and vaxmillionsgiveaway.com and distributed in other channels if you are validated as an official winner under the rules of the Promotion.
- To analyze how you interact with the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion;
- To maintain and improve the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion and content related to the Promotion, and any other purposes consistent with the Terms and Conditions;
- To prevent fraud, spam, criminal activity, or abuses or misuses of the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Dissemination of personally identifiable information
We do not sell any personally identifiable information collected through Mass.gov or submitted to the Commonwealth in conjunction with using functions on Mass.gov or vaxmillionsgiveaway.com, and there is no direct or online public access to the information. However, once you voluntarily submit personally identifiable information to us related to your use of Mass.gov or vaxmillionsgiveaway.com, control of the information is governed by the “Fair Information Practices Act” (Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 66A), and other applicable laws and regulations. We will protect your personally identifiable information to the full degree provided for under the Fair Information Practices Act and these other laws and regulations, but there are circumstances where we may be required to make limited disclosures in order to comply with court orders, legal process, or to protect our own rights or the rights of third parties.
Otherwise, the information that you voluntarily submit will be disclosed only to Commonwealth employees or officials, or those under contract with the Commonwealth, with a “need to know” for purposes of fulfilling their job responsibilities. The information will be used for such purposes as: administering the VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion; answering your questions; responding to any requests for assistance; generating summary statistics about usage; auditing applications and detecting fraud, spam, abuses or misuses of the services; aiding in the planning, design and development of Mass.gov; and fulfilling the Commonwealth's legal obligations.
Your opportunity to correct
If you believe you have made an error in your VaxMillions Giveaway Promotion registration, you may resubmit your registration. Pursuant to the Terms and Conditions, prior to each drawing, the entry list will be reviewed, and all duplicate entries will be removed, with only the most recent entry eligible for the drawing.
Because information that you send to the Commonwealth is not encrypted, you should not send messages containing information that you consider highly sensitive to Mass.gov, or through vaxmillionsgiveaway.com. We use standard security measures to ensure that information provided by you, including your personally identifiable information, is not lost, misused, altered, or unintentionally destroyed. We also use software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.