Cochituate State Park
Details of Cochituate State Park
Overview of Cochituate State Park
Hours for Cochituate State Park
During the summer, Gates open at 8am. All boats off the water by 7pm, boat ramp closes at 7:30pm. Bathrooms locked at 7pm. Gates locked at 8pm.
During the off-season: Enter at the boat ramp, open from dawn to dusk, no facilities available.
Parking at Cochituate State Park
Daily parking fee charged May 15 through October 31
MA resident $8
Non-MA resident $30
Mobile payments accepted via the YODEL app Parking in MA State Parks - YODEL FAQs
Resident and non resident status is determined by the vehicle license plate
The parking lot will be closed once it reaches capacity. Call park staff at (508) 653-9641 before heading to the park to make sure lot is not full.
Activities at Cochituate State Park
All Activities at Cochituate State Park
- Boating (non-motorized)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
Facilities at Cochituate State Park
Accessibility at Cochituate State Park
- Accessible beaches
- Available beach wheelchairs
- Accessible restrooms
Restrictions at Cochituate State Park
- No jet skis
- No alcohol
- No diving off boats
- No boating after dark unless posted
- Dogs are not allowed on designated swimming areas of inland beaches from May 1 through September 15, unless otherwise posted. Guide to Dogs in DCR Parks
More info for Cochituate State Park
Speed Limits and Regulations
Middle Lake and Boat Ramp
- Speed limit is 22 mph on Middle Lake
- Speed limit is 5 mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, piers or moorings
- No motorboat operation within 150 feet of swimming areas.
- No towing of a person(s) in the water or on any apparatus on Middle Lake.
- Speed limit on North Lake is 5 mph on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- Speed limit is 22mph on weekdays
- Speed limit is 5mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, piers, or moorings
- No towing of a person(s) in the water or on any apparatus on North Lake.
- Speed limit on is 22 mph on South Lake
- Speed limit is 5 mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, or moorings
- Speed limit is 42 mph while actively waterskiing and tubing.