What does OPP do?
OPP provides the following assistance to consumers:
- Internal Grievances and External Reviews - Health insurance consumer appeals, for people with “fully-insured” Massachusetts health plans who want to dispute certain kinds of health insurance claims decisions
- Waiver Forms – Enrollment waivers, which may allow certain individuals and families to buy health insurance when enrollment is not open
- General information for consumers about health insurance
OPP also collects and posts certain information reported by health insurance companies who offer insurance plans in Massachusetts
- You can contact OPP by phone at 1-800-436-7757 or by email at HPC-OPP@state.ma.us. We cannot accept external review requests, enrollment waiver requests, or any personal health information by email.
- OPP was formerly located at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH). Chapter 224 of the Acts of 2012 moved OPP from DPH to the Health Policy Commission. The move took place on April 20, 2013. Learn more about the implementation of Chapter 224.