NOTE: In order to be approved for a later Military Makeup exam for the April 20, 2013 Police Officer exam, you must apply by the original exam application deadline first, then make your request for a Military Makeup exam.
Examination schedule for returning military personnel
Last Update: 5/15/2013
- Information for military personnel claiming residency preference placement on an eligible list.
- Definition of a Massachusetts Veteran Chart (Link to Veterans' Services website)
- Information outlining the documents required of applicant in order for HRD to determine his or her eligibility for veterans' status and preference under civil service.
Eligibility for Extension upon Return from Active DutyPursuant to Chapter 708 of the Acts of 1941, an applicant who is activated to full-time active duty after he/she passes a civil service exam or after his/her name is placed on an eligible list, may request in writing within six months upon his/her return from active duty, to the Human Resources Division to extend his/her eligibility for a period equal to the period of eligibility remaining at the time he/she commences active military duty. Applicant requesting eligibility extension should also enclose a copy of his/her DD214 Member 4 Form for verification of service.
- Implementation instructions, frequently asked questions and related documents regarding pay and other benefits for State employees called up for active military duty.
- For applicants with veteran's status requesting information and notification of employment opportunities throughout the Commonwealth.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE A DD214 MEMBER 4 FORM WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- The chapter of the Massachusetts General Laws governing the administration of civil service law
- Rules enforced by the Personnel Administrator that establish standards for the implementation of civil service law and supplement Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 31