Not all Massachusetts Rules of Court are available online. Efforts have been taken to ensure accuracy in all rules contained on this website.
If there are discrepancies between the electronic versions of the rules found on this website and the official print versions that appear in a volume such as Massachusetts Reports, the print version should be considered authoritative.
Massachusetts Trial Court: Uniform Rules and Procedures
- I. Uniform Summary Process Rules
- II. Uniform Magistrate Rules
- III. Uniform Small Claims Rules
- IV. Uniform Rules Requiring Disclosure of Pending and Concluded Care or Custody Matters
- V. Procedure Regulating the Issuance of Standing Orders
- VI. Uniform Rules for Permanency Hearings
- VII. Uniform Rules on Civil Motor Vehicle Infractions
- VIII. Uniform Rules on Impoundment Procedure
- IX. Uniform Rules on Subpoenas to Court Officials
- X. Uniform Rule Requiring Disclosure of Present or Past Receipt of Public Assistance Benefits by Minor Children
- XI. Uniform Rule for Probable Cause Determinations for Persons Arrested Without a Warrant
- XII. Rule on Requests for Interdepartmental Judicial Assignments
- District/Municipal Courts Supplemental Rules of Civil Procedure
- District/Municipal Courts Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Massachusetts District/Municipal Courts Rules for Appellate Division Appeals
- District Court Standing Orders
- Special Rules of the District Court of Massachusetts
- District Court Rules for Probation Violation Proceedings
- Boston Municipal Court Standing Orders
- District Court Standards of Judicial Practice: Civil Commitment and Authorization of Medical Treatment for Mental Illness file size 1MB
- District Court Standards of Judicial Practice: The Complaint Procedure
- District Court Criminal Model Jury Instructions Also available as an ebook
Rule Changes and Invitations to Comment
This area includes notices inviting comment on proposed rules, and notices of rules which have been changed. Read more
Rules of Professional Conduct
Here you will find information on ethics and rules of professional conduct for judges, clerks of court and attorneys. Read more
Time Standards and Case Management
Time standards and case management for court cases ensure the timely attention necessary to secure a just and expeditious determination of each case or claim. Each court sets its own time standards and case management procedures. This area includes specific standards and procedures for each court. Read more
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.