If you believe a final decision of a trial court or State administrative agency is legally wrong, you may have a right to appeal the decision.
This section provides basic information on civil appeals in the Massachusetts courts.
- The Right to an Appeal
- Stages of an Appeal
- Starting an Appeal
- Appealing a Civil Case from the District Court or Boston Municipal Court
- Appealing Final Decisions of the Appellate Division
- Appealing Cases from Housing Court
- Appealing Cases from Probate and Family Court
- Appealing Cases from Juvenile Court
- Appealing Cases from Land Court
- Appealing Civil Cases from Superior Court
- Appealing Small Claims Decisions
- Appealing Abuse Prevention Order Decisions
- Appealing Civil Motor Vehicle Infraction Decisions
- Appeals from State Agencies