1. Petition for name change. Form CJ-P27 pdf format of Change of Name (CJP 27)

2. A certified copy of your birth certificate must be filed with the petition. You must file the long form birth certificate. This is available from the Registry of Vital Records or from the city or town where you were born. Birth certificates that are not written in English must include a translated copy signed by a professional interpreter. If your name has previously been changed by a court decree or by marriage, either a copy of your amended birth certificate, a copy of the court decree or a copy of the marriage certificate must be filed with the petition. If you are divorced, you need to file a certified copy of the divorce judgment.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.