Landscaping on the coast is no easy task. The wind, salt spray, occasional far-reaching storm waves, and shifting, parched, sandy soils can thwart even the most seasoned gardeners. But with the right plants, you can attain a flourishing coastal landscape and spend less time, money, and labor in the process. And the effort is worth the rewards—enhanced visual appeal of your coastal property, preservation of the natural character of the coastal environment, habitat for wildlife, a filter for pollution, and natural protection from storm damage and erosion.
Follow these links to find out more:
- Benefits of Coastal Landscaping
- Landscaping a Coastal Bank
- Landscaping a Coastal Beach or Dune
- Tips for Planting, Installation, and Maintenance
- Do You Need a Permit?
- Plant List
- Plant Highlights and Images
- Sample Landscape Plans
- Where to Purchase Native Plants
- Links to Other Resources