Certain trustee taxpayers are required to file their returns and make their payments electronically. MassTaxConnect is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week and allows you to file returns, make payments, view payment histories and maintain their accounts securely, online. For more information, or to register visit MassTaxConnect.
For those not required to file and pay electronically, this page contains withholding forms for Massachusetts employers.
Note: The M-941/M-942 series of employer withholding returns have been consolidated into a new M-941, Employer’s Return of Income Taxes Withheld. The annual/quarterly/monthly/weekly filing and payment requirements have NOT changed however. Also, the M-3M has been consolidated with the M-3.
- Circular M , Income Tax Withholding Tables Effective January 1, 2016
- Form M-3 , Reconciliation of Massachusetts Income Taxes Withheld for Employers Note: This form is only for the use of employers filing paper Forms W-2. It is not to be used by employers filing Forms W-2 electronically. (Revised December 6, 2016; due date changed to January 31)
- Form M-4 Massachusetts Employees Withholding Exemption Certificate
- Form M-4-MS , Annual Withholding Tax Exemption Certificate for Nonresident Military Spouse
- Form M-4P , Massachusetts Employees Withholding Exemption Certificate for Pension, Annuity, and Other Periodic Payments and Nonperiodic Payments
- Form M-941 , Employer's Return of Income Taxes Withheld and Instructions .
- Form NHR , New Hire Reporting
- Form PTE-EX , Withholding Exemption Certificate for Members of a Pass-Through Entity
- Form PWH-RW , Performer or Performing Entity Request for Reduction of Withholding
- Form PWH-WA , Performer or Performing Entity Withholding Allocation Form
- Form PWH-WW Performer or Performing Entity Request for Waiver of Withholding
- Forms W-2 Handbook
- Form AI-1 , Change of Address/Information for Businesses