Agricultural land preservation, environmental conservation, energy efficiency and business planning are some of the keys to the future viability of agricultural enterprises. The Division of Agricultural Conservation and Technical Assistance (DACTA) promotes agricultural land preservation, environmental stewardship, technology, and technical assistance to meet the challenges of 21st century farming.
DACTA provides funding and delivers services to preserve working agricultural lands and improve agricultural stewardship and use of natural resources; promote energy efficiency and use of renewable energy; and ensure economic competitiveness and profitability. These programs are supported by the Division’s digital-based information management systems and interaction with local, state, and federal partners.
Grants and Funding Programs
- Agricultural Energy Grant Program (Ag-Energy)
- Agricultural Energy Special Project Grant Program (ENER-SP)
- Agricultural Environmental Enhancement Program (AEEP)
- Agricultural Food Safety Improvement Program (AFSIP)
- APR Improvement Program (AIP)
- Farm Energy Discount Program
- Farm Viability Enhancement Program (FVEP)
- Massachusetts Emergency Food Assistance Program (MEFAP)
- Matching Enterprise Grants for Agriculture Program (MEGA)
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) Retrofit Program
- Stewardship Assistance and Restoration on APRs (SARA)
- Urban Agriculture Program