Are you a regular visitor to DCR parks or beaches? DCR’s MassParks Pass offers you a significant savings over daily parking charges. The MassParks Pass covers daily parking fees at most MassParks facilities where parking fees are charged.
For only $35 per year, Massachusetts residents can park at DCR facilities across the Commonwealth. Out of state residents pay just $45. Without the MassParks Pass, daily parking fees are currently $2 at scenic and historic sites; $5 or$8 at inland beach areas and range from $3-$13 at ocean beaches.
The MassParks Pass is a durable plastic tag that visitors hang from their rearview mirror. The Pass is issued for one vehicle with a sticker that is valid for one calendar year – January to December.
Please note, the MassParks Pass and MassParks Senior Citizen Pass are not valid at Quabbin Reservoir fishing areas.
MassParks Pass Fees
Per calendar year
$35.00 Massachusetts Resident
$45.00 Non-Massachusetts Resident
Second Car Sticker
MassParks Pass holders may purchase a second car sticker for $15.00. The 2nd car sticker is affixed to the Pass, and permits a second family vehicle registration number/license plate number to be added, allowing annual MassParks Pass holders to alternate the Pass between the two family vehicles. The second car sticker does not allow 2 separate vehicles to park at the same time.
How to Purchase a DCR MassParks Pass
At DCR Parks
MassParks Passes may be purchased at parks and beaches that charge daily parking fees during the period that parking fees are charged. Most parks and beaches charge parking fees from mid-May through early September. Some charge through early October and several charge parking fees year-round. Several charge parking fees throughout the year. Typically, MassParks Passes will be available for sale at the contact station. Please keep in mind that most parks can only accept cash or check, and cannot accept credit cards.
MassParks is pleased to offer MassParks Passes through Reserve America, the agency’s service provider. Please call 1-877-422-6762 to order your MassParks Pass. ReserveAmerica accepts a variety of customer payment choices including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal checks and money orders (no American Express and debit cards).
Please have your vehicle plate number(s) available and specify whether you are purchasing a resident or non-resident MassParks Pass, and whether you wish to purchase the second car sticker. There is a $2.75 charge for this service. Passes will be mailed within 7 days.
MassParks Pass sales are now available online through our services provider, Reserve America accepts a variety of customer payment choices including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal checks and money orders (no American Express and debit cards).
Please have your vehicle plate number(s) available and specify whether you are purchasing a resident or non-resident MassParks Pass, and whether you wish to purchase the second car sticker. There is a $2.75 charge for this service. Passes will be mailed to your home within 7 days.
The MassParks Senior Citizen Pass is available to Massachusetts residents 62 years of age or older. The pass allows parking for the vehicle occupied by the pass holder, whether they are driving or a passenger. Senior Citizen Passes are available at all parks that charge a parking fee. The passes are free of charge and valid for the life of the pass holder. You can also obtain a MassParks Senior Citizen Pass at parks that charge a parking fee or by writing to: DCR MassParks, 251 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114, Attn: Senior Citizen Pass Coordinator
Please include either a copy of your Driver’s License or proof of MA residency with your request.
A MassParks Senior Citizen Pass is not valid at campgrounds and is subject to available parking.
Parking fees are waived for vehicles bearing the following types of license plates from any state:
- Handicapped license plate or placard
- Disabled veteran license plate
This waiver does not apply to camping fees and is subject to available parking.
DCR does not accept fishing or hunting licenses, National Park passes, or other state’s annual passes from other states as a waiver to the parking fee.
The MassParks Pass and MassParks Senior Pass are not valid at Quabbin Reservoir. There is no charge to park at the Visitors Center.
- Parking and Fishing Access: Vehicle $6, Vehicle and Trailer (includes launching fees) $8
- Seasonal Parking Pass: $50
- Senior Citizens (62 and older) and Handicapped (with placard): half price
For more information about fees and activities, see the Quabbin Reservoir Fishing Guide .
Give the Gift of Adventure
The MassParks Pass Makes a Perfect Gift for Any Occasion!
Purchase a MassParks Pass as a gift for holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries, or just to a put a smile on someone's face. Gift cards are available upon request.
Pay for Parking Facilities
These facilities charge parking fees. Fees listed apply to cars without a MassParksPass. Fee includes surcharge to fund trust to benefit the facility.
The facility, or its headquarters, also sells MassParks Passes.
Please note, this year, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts instituted a Non-MA Resident fee increase at several DCR parks that charge parking fees. Similar out-of state resident fees are charged in Rhode Island and Connecticut. This is a pilot program which may be expanded in 2014. Determination of residency is based on car license plates.
- Nantasket Beach, Hull-$10*
Get your MassParks Pass at Nantasket Beach Headquarters, 215 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, MA 02045. (Monday through Friday) beginning May 1, 2014 thru September1, 2014 between 8am and 2pm.
- Nahant Beach Reservation, Nahant- $3
Get your MassParks Pass at the Eliot House, 1 Eliot Circle in Revere, (Monday through Friday) between 9am and 3pm.
- Borderland State Park, Easton- $2 (charged year-round)
- Demarest Lloyd State Park, Dartmouth- $7
- Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Westport- $8 MA Resident, $12 Non-MA Resident
- Myles Standish State Forest, Carver- College Pond Area Only -$5
- Nickerson State Park, Brewster-$5
- Cape Cod Rail Trail (Near Nickerson State Park) -$2
- South Cape Beach State Park, Mashpee- $7
- Scusset Beach State Reservation, Sandwich- $7
- Watson Pond State Park, Taunton-$5
- Ashland State Park, Ashland-$5
- Bradley Palmer State Park, Topsfield- $2(Main Lot and Wading Pool Areas)
- Cochituate State Park, Natick- $5
- Great Brook Farm State Park, Carlisle. $2 (charged year-round)
- Halibut Point State Park, Rockport $2
- Hopkinton State Park, Hopkinton- $5
- Maudslay State Park, Newburyport-$2 (charged year-round)
- Pearl Hill State Park-West Townsend- $5
- Salisbury Beach State Reservation, Salisbury- $9 MA Resident, $13 Non-MA Resident*
- Walden Pond State Reservation, Concord- $5 MA Resident, $8 Non-MA Resident
- Willard Brook State Forest, Ashby/Townsend- $5
- Douglas State Forest, Douglas- $5 MA Resident, $8 Non-MA Resident
- Purgatory Chasm State Reservation, Sutton-$2
- Quinsigamond State Park, Worcester- Regatta Point $5 (charged year-round), Lake Park $2 Note: Lake Park fee reduced for 2014- due to swimming area closure
- Rutland State Park, Rutland $5
- Wells State Park, Sturbridge- $2
- Dunn State Park, Gardner- $5
- Erving State Forest, Erving- $5
- Lake Dennison Recreation Area, Winchendon- $5
- Lake Wyola State Park, Shutesbury $5
- Leominster State Forest, Leominster/Westminster- $5
- Otter River State Forest, Baldwinville $5
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, Princeton- $2
- Wendell State Forest, Wendell-$5
- Beartown State Forest, Monterey- $5
- Chicopee State Park, Chicopee- $5
- Clarksburg State Park, Clarksburg- $5
- D.A.R. State Forest, Goshen- $5
- CM Gardner State Park, Huntington- $2
- Hampton Ponds State Park, Westfield- $5
- Mohawk Trail State Forest, Charlemont- $5
- Mt. Greylock State Reservation, Lanesboro- $2 MA Resident, $3 Non-MA Resident
- Mt. Holyoke Range State Park, Amherst- $2
- Mt. Sugarloaf State Reservation, South Deerfield- $2
- Mt. Tom State Reservation, Holyoke-$2
- Natural Bridge State Park, North Adams- $2
- Pittsfield State Forest, Pittsfield- $2
- Robinson State Park, Agawam- $5
- Sandisfield State Forest, Sandisfield- $5
- Savoy Mountain State Forest, Florida- $5
- Tolland State Forest, Otis- $5