General Information

  • All Special Use Permits must have Liability Insurance and provide DCR a certificate of Insurance naming DCR as additionally insured.
  • Special Use Permit requests applications will be accepted until May 1, 2017.
  • Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Conservation Trust and Urban Parks Trust Fund as part of your event.  For more information, click here.

Special Event Permit

A Special Event Permit is needed when the use or activity exceeds, in any way, the common use of DCR parklands.  These include and are not limited to events such as:

  • Sporting activities and tournaments
  • Concerts
  • Charity walks
  • Road races
  • Group boating activities
  • Cultural festivals
  • Community service projects
  • Camping events
  • Small wedding ceremonies
  • Group gatherings which include amusements, barbecues and/or amplified sound

Production and Photography Permits

The DCR maintains many facilities throughout the state that provides a perfect backdrop for professional Photography, Film and/or Video. Permits are required.