So that we may provide a safe, sustainable, and enjoyable camping environment for all visitors, please observe the following rules and regulations. A complete list of DCR Rules and Regulations is available at the Contact Station.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all MA State Parks and Campgrounds.
Transported firewood is prohibited from all MA State Park Campgrounds. Pest-free and disease-free firewood is available at the campgrounds.
- Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. Please, no unnecessary or disturbing noise at any time.
- Confine campfires to designated fireplaces. Never leave fires unattended. Extinguish fires by midnight.
- Please keep your campsite clean.
- Do not wash dishes in the bathroom sink or at public faucets. Use dish washing stations where available.
- Never dispose of human food or pet food in the area around your campsite.
- As required by MA State Law, children 16 years old and younger must wear a helmet when bicycling.
- Equipment is limited to two tents or one camping vehicle and one small tent per site. Tents are limited to 300 square feet of combined floor space.
Occupancy and Registration
- Check in time is 1 p.m.; camping equipment is required upon registering.
- Customer ID is required at check-in.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to four adults or two adults and their dependent children.
- Campsites should be occupied the first night and may not be left unoccupied for a period of more than 12 hours. Please call the park if you are going to be late arriving for your reservation. Failure to contact the park may result in your campsite being reassigned to another customer.
- Never leave children or pets unattended.
- To ensure that many campers enjoy our parks, campers and camping equipment may not stay for longer than 14 cumulative days between Memorial Day and Labor Day at any one park. Violators of this may be evicted or fined.
- Visitors are permitted in the campground from 8am to 8pm.
- Visitors are required to pay the park's daily parking fee.
- Check-out time is 11am. Please notify staff on duty at the contact station when you leave.
- Unregistered visitors to the campground are required to register at the contact station and to pay the parking or visitor fee.
- Only vehicles belonging to registered campers or registered visitors may be parked in the campground. No more than two vehicles per campsite.
- Please park so vehicles do not restrict traffic or damage vegetation or soils. No parking on roadsides.
- Pets are prohibited from cabins and cabin sites, yurts and yurt sites, all Camp Nihan cabins and sites, and Boston Harbor Islands.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required upon registration at the campground. Pets are never to be left unattended.
- Keep pets leashed (10 foot leash maximum) at all times.
- Pets are not permitted on swimming beaches or in any state buildings. Note that there may be other areas posted off-limits to pets.
- Help us maintain a clean, healthy environment. Always clean up after your pet. Properly dispose of pet waste and pet food.
- Proof of coggins test (dated within last 12 months) for each horse is required at check-in. Horse camping is permitted only at Myles Standish State Forest, Charge Pond Area C.
- Black bears and other wildlife are regular visitors to many of our campgrounds.
- Enjoy wildlife viewing from afar. Never approach, entice, or feed bears or other wildlife. Feeding bears or other wildlife may result in eviction, a fine, or both.
- To protect your family and your property; keep all food, coolers, cooking supplies and equipment in your vehicle when not in use. Use food lockers when available at the campground.
- Never leave food unattended. Never dispose of human food or pet food in the area around your campsite.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.