300 Sugarloaf St.
S. Deerfield MA 01373
Daily Parking Fee: $5 MA Vehicle, $6 non-MA Vehicle
The summit road to Mt. Sugarloaf will open for the 2015 season on Sunday, May 3. The park will be open from 9am - sunset daily.
Mt. Sugarloaf offers a commanding view of the Connecticut River, the Pioneer Valley, and the Pelham and Berkshire Hills. Consisting of two peaks, North and South Sugarloaf, the Reservation offers picnicking, scenic viewing and hiking. An auto road winds to the summit, making South Sugarloaf Mountain accessible by private automobiles. Available on the summit is a pavilion for scenic viewing and picnicking.
Mt. Sugarloaf, composed of a prominent sandstone rock called Sugarloaf Arkose, is a fine example of the Connecticut Valley's geological history. From its summit can be seen some of the best scenic views of the broad agricultural landscape of the Connecticut River Valley.
The reservation is located in the northern southern Ct river valley.
FROM THE WEST:
1. Head east on I-90
2. Take exit 4 for I-91 toward Holyoke/Springfield - 0.6 mi
3. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-91 and merge onto I-91 N - 23.7 mi
4. Take exit 24 for US-5/MA-10 - 0.2 mi
5. Turn right at State Rd -0.1 mi
6. Take right onto 116/S – 1.04 mi
7. Turn left at light onto Sugarloaf Street. Park entrance on right.