Are you looking for a place to hunt? Do you need information on hunting laws, licenses, permits or other publications?
- Freshwater Fishing and Hunting License Information --Find out who needs a license to hunt and fish in Massachusetts, and learn about license types and fees.
- Hunting & Freshwater Fishing Laws – See information on hunting, freshwater fishing and trapping season dates, laws, and other related information.
- Hunting Permits – Find out how to obtain Antlerless Deer, Black Bear, and Wild Turkey permits via the internet or a license vendor.
- Hunting Stamps – These electronic “stamps” are required for hunting waterfowl and migratory game birds as well as for hunters participating in archery and black powder deer hunting seasons.
- HIP Registration for Waterfowl and Woodcock Hunters – All migratory game bird hunters must register with the Harvest Information Program each calendar year.
- Hunting Harvests – Access an archive of Deer, Bear, and Turkey harvest totals.
- Where To Hunt – DFW Wildlife Lands not only provide habitat for wildlife, they provide people a place to hunt, fish, trap, or otherwise experience nature.
- Hunting & Shooting Opportunities – Find out about hunting on other properties including state forests and parks, Camp Edwards, and Eastern Massachusetts National Wildlife Refuge. Learn about hunting opportunities for youth, women, and hunters with parapalegia.
- Game Animals – Learn more about big and small game hunting in Massachusetts.
- Laws & Regulations – This comprehensive page provides information on laws regarding hunting, fishing, and trapping seasons, endangered species, wildlife lands and other wildlife related laws.
Checking or Reporting Your Game
Online Game Check -- Beginning in 2013, hunters may report “or check” their deer, bear, turkey and most furbearers online. Bobcat and otter must be checked at a traditional furbearer check station. NOTE: You must complete this process BEFORE processing your game for the table, freezer or taxidermist.
To start the online checking process log in to: MassFishHunt
Detailed Online Game Check
Remember, You must logintoMassFishHunt with your Customer ID in order to check your game online.
Detailed information and steps to take when checking different game online:
- Guide to Furbearer Hunting/Salvage Check file size 1MB - Use this guide to help check coyote and fox taken/salvaged under your hunting license
- Guide to Furbearer Trapping/Salvage Check file size 1MB - Use this guide to help check beaver, coyote, fisher, fox, and mink taken/salvaged under your trapping license
Game Check Stations
- Map and lists of deer, bear, turkey, and coyote check stations -- Updated annually prior to the seasons.
Effectiveness of Blaze Orange (video) - This short (5-minute) safety video from Kalkomey provides tips and about how wearing the right amount and kind of blaze orange can keep you safe in the field. It's useful for any outdoor user who is in the woods and fields during hunting seasons.