- Seasons Summary 2016 : A convenient summary of the hunting, fishing and trapping season dates for the year.
- Hunting Permits for Antlerless Deer, Black Bear, and Wild Turkey.
- Hunting Stamps:These electronic “stamps” are required for hunting waterfowl and migratory game birds as well as for hunters participating in archery and black powder deer hunting seasons.
- Hunter Education: Offerings included Basic Hunter Education, Bowhunter Education, Trapper Education as well as other hunting related courses.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program): All migratory game bird hunters must register with the Harvest Information Program each calendar year.
- Hunting Harvests: Access an archive of Deer, Bear, and Turkey harvest totals.
- Ask MassWildlife: Common hunting questions answered file size 1MB
Checking or Reporting Your Game
Online Game Check -- Beginning in 2013, hunters may report “or check” their deer, bear, turkey and most furbearers online. Bobcat and otter must be checked at a traditional furbearer check station. NOTE: You must complete this process BEFORE processing your game for the table, freezer or taxidermist.
To start the online checking process log in to: MassFishHunt
Detailed Online Game Check
Remember, You must login to MassFishHunt with your Customer ID in order to check your game online.
Detailed information and steps to take when checking different game online:
- Guide to Furbearer Hunting/Salvage Check file size 1MB - Use this guide to help check coyote and fox taken/salvaged under your hunting license
- Guide to Furbearer Trapping/Salvage Check file size 1MB - Use this guide to help check beaver, coyote, fisher, fox, and mink taken/salvaged under your trapping license
Game Check Stations
- Map and lists of deer, bear, turkey, and coyote check stations -- Updated annually prior to the seasons.