Emission limits, pollution control standards, and permit requirements for a range of facilities and activities.Through these regulations, MassDEP prevents and controls air pollution where it originates to ensure abundant clean air for Massachusetts residents, workers and visitors.
310 CMR 7.00 et. seq.: Air Pollution Control file size 3MB
These regulations were last amended in September 2016 (Environmental Results Program). MassDEP has proposed additional amendments to these regulations.
310 CMR 7.00: Proposed Amendments & Public Comment
- 310 CMR 7.00 & 310 CMR 60.00: Proposed Greenhouse Gas Emission Amendments
MassDEP will accept public comment on these proposed amendments through February 24, 2016.
- 310 CMR 7.00 et. seq.: Proposed Air Pollution Control Amendments, August 2016 file size 1MB
- 310 CMR 7.00 et. seq.: Background Document
- 310 CMR 7.00 et. seq.: Notice of Public Comment Period & Hearings Public Comment Period: Closed
- 310 CMR 7.70: Notice of Public Comment Period Public Comment Period: Closed
- 310 CMR 7.70: Proposed Combined Heat & Power Amendments
- 310 CMR 7.70: Technical Support Document
- Proposed Amendments to the Massachusetts Asbestos Regulation (310 CMR 7.15)
- 310 CMR 7.00, 7.08(2), 7.19 et al.: Proposed Municipal Waste Combustor & NAAQS Amendments
- 310 CMR 7.00, 7.08(2), 7.19 et al.: Municipal Waste Combustor & NAAQS Technical Support Document
310 CMR 7.00: Recently Promulgated Amendments
- 310 CMR 7.40: Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) Amendments
Effective January 1, 2016. This final version shows changes from the draft released for public comment.
- 310 CMR 7.40: MassDEP Response to Comments on LEV Amendments
- 310 CMR 7.40: LEV Amendments Technical Support Document
- Response to Comments: Photo Processor, Printer & Dentist Compliance Certification Changes, September 2016
Forms and instructions for owner/operators of facilities that are being newly built, substantially reconstructed or altered and have the potential to cause or contribute to air pollution.
Asbestos information, including forms and instructions for notifying MassDEP and the Division of Occupational Safety (DOS) about asbestos abatement, construction and demolition projects.
Information, forms and instructions for owner/operators of boilers subject to air plan approval and compliance certification requirements, temporary boilers that can be installed without site-specific permits, and federal area source standards that apply to boilers fueled by oil, coal or wood/biomass.
A number of Massachusetts facilities operate with voluntary or imposed limits on their emissions of specific air pollutants. They are required to keep on-site records of operating parameters, and many also must report monthly and 12-month rolling emissions data to MassDEP.
Registration, reporting and verification forms for facilities subject to the MassDEP mandatory GHG emissions reporting regulation.
Base year, update, summary of commute data and related forms and instructions for business and institutions that are subject to annual reporting requirements under the Massachusetts Rideshare Regulation.
Facilities that are major sources of air pollution, have the potential to emit specific pollutants above certain thresholds, or fall into specific categories are required to obtain Title V Operating Permits and periodically report to MassDEP.
Only units that are EPA Phase 2 "white tag" qualified and whose manufacturers have filed compliance certifications with MassDEP may be sold for installation in Massachusetts.
Forms and instructions for owners/operators of facilities subject to MassDEP Ozone Season Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) and/or Annual Carbon Dioxide (CO2) monitoring and reporting regulations.
Notification and certification forms and instructions for gas station and fleet fueling facility owner/operators and Stage II system testing companies.
Annual online filing information and instructions for facilities that exceed specific energy use or potential emission thresholds and are subject to Source Registration requirements.
State and federal permitting and compliance certification information, instructions and forms for generators, fire pumps, combined heat and power units, and non-road engines.