Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP)
- 310 CMR 40.0000: Massachusetts Contingency Plan
This copy of the Massachusetts Contingency Plan, 310 CMR 40, is not an "Official Version" of the regulations. In particular, it lacks page numbers and the effective dates at the bottom of each page. Other unexpected differences may also be present. This HTML version is offered as a convenience to our users and DEP believes that the body of the text is a faithful copy of the regulations. If you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, MUST know that the version you have is correct and up-to-date, then you must purchase the document through the State Bookstore. The official versions of all state statutes and regulations are only available through the Massachusetts State Bookstore .
- MCP Numerical Standards
- 310 CMR 40.0000 - Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP) file size 2MB file size 3MB
The MCP revisions scheduled for publication on April 25, 2014 have not yet been incorporated into the documents above. See the section below for information about these revisions.
310 CMR 40.0000 - 2014 MCP Final Amendments UNOFFICIAL VERSIONS
- Prepublication Preview - UNOFFICIAL Versions of the Final Amendments to 310 CMR 40.0000, the Massachusetts Contingency Plan
These documents present the text changes, in both redline and clean versions, to the final MCP amendments submitted to the Secretary of State’s Office for publication.
- Final Amendments to the Massachusetts Contingency Plan, 310 CMR 40.0000 Clean Version file size 1MB
- Final Amendments to the Massachusetts Contingency Plan, 310 CMR 40.0000 Redline/Strikeout Version file size 1MB
Response to Comment Document
This document summarizes the public comment received on the public hearing draft of the proposed MCP amendments and MassDEP’s response to those comments.
MCP Numerical Standards and Reportable Concentration Changes (RCs)
This spreadsheet provides a comparison of the MCP Standards and RCs in the 2014 final MCP amendments to the preceding values.
310 CMR 40.0000 - 2013 MCP Public Hearing Draft and Public Comment
- MCP Regulatory Reform Blog
- Summary of the Proposed Amendments
- Public Hearing Draft MCP Amendments - Clean Version file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Public Hearing Draft MCP Amendments - Redline/Strikeout Version file size 1MB file size 2MB
- Blog: Support Material for Revised MCP Method 1 Standards
Massachusetts Oil & Hazardous Materials List
- The Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Materials List ("MOHML"), 310 CMR 40.1600
December 14, 2007 (effective February 14, 2008); Reportable Concentrations for 120-day notifications effective February 14, 2008 through April 24, 2014.
The Reportable Quantities (RQs) and Reportable Concentrations (RCs) for hundreds of chemicals. The RQs and RCs are used in combination with the notification requirements specified in Subpart C of the Massachusetts Contingency Plan to determine whether a release to the environment must be reported to MassDEP.
- The Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Materials List (""MOHML""), Alphabetical List
- The Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Materials List (""MOHML""), List by CAS number file size 1MB
- Reportable Concentrations in Groundwater and Soil
Excerpted from the Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Materials List