The proposed Clean Energy Standard (CES) would require retail electricity sellers to annually demonstrate the use of clean energy to generate a specified percentage of their electricity sales.
In December 2016, as part of a package of regulations aimed at Reducing GHG Emissions under Section 3(d) of the Global Warming Solutions Act (GWSA) , MassDEP proposed 310 CMR 7.75: Clean Energy Standard.
- 310 CMR 7.75: Proposed Regulations
- 310 CMR 7.00 and 60.00: Background Document on Proposed Regulations and Amendments
See specifically Section II. C., Page 24.
- Notice of Public Comment Period and Hearings
February 24, 2017, is the deadline for public comment.
- 310 CMR 7.74: Reducing GHG Emissions from Electricity Generating Units
Proposed by MassDEP in December 2016.
- Massachusetts Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard (RPS)
Administered by the state Department of Energy Resources (DOER).
- Massachusetts Updated Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2020 file size 4MB
Updated by the Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs in December 2015.
- Massachusetts & the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
About our state's participation in this regional cap-and-trade program for electricity generators.
MassDEP's current proposal for a Clean Energy Standard is based in part on a proposal from January 2015.
- 310 CMR 7.75: Proposed Clean Energy Standard (CES)
Proposed in January 2015. Not the current proposal.
- 310 CMR 7.75: Technical Support Document
Document related to the January 2015 proposal.
- Stakeholder Meeting Presentation
Slides from an October 2014 stakeholder meeting in Boston on the framework for a possible CES.
- Discussion Draft Regulation
This was provided to facilitate stakeholder input on all aspects of a CES only; it was not a proposed regulation.
- Comments Received on the Discussion Draft Regulation file size 5MB
MassDEP accepted comments through mid November 2014.
- Report: A Clean Energy Standard for Massachusetts file size 2MB
Prepared for the state's energy and environmental agencies in 2013.
- GHG Reporting Technical Support Document - 2009
Includes an explanation of MassDEP GHG reporting requirements relevant to the CES.
Contact for Assistance
Please contact Will Space (email@example.com) if you have questions or need additional information about 310 CMR 7.75: Clean Energy Standard.