The Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) is a non-regulatory agency within the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA) that provides free, confidential, on-site technical and compliance assistance to manufacturers, businesses and institutions. In addition to assisting with issues related to the Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA), OTA can also assist companies with energy efficiency and water and resource conservation. These services are available free of charge to all Massachusetts businesses.
OTA can help your company to:
- Manage and reduce air releases, water discharges, hazardous waste generation and toxic chemical use and chemical waste.
- Prevent accidents and reduce liability associated with the use of toxics.
- Reduce costs by improving manufacturing processes and identifying alternative materials.
- Reduce energy and water bills.
- Find useful products and services to enhance your business and environmental sustainability.
- Assist a company to share their success in reducing toxics by helping them to prepare a short case study for public distribution.