Rape crisis centers
View a list of rape crisis center hotlines and direct links to selected rape crisis centers' websites.
Sexual Violence Prevention Plan
- MA Sexual Violence Prevention Plan (PDF)
- Healthy Relationships, Sexuality and Disability Resource Guide (PDF)
Rape Crisis Counselors
View a list of ways that a rape crisis counselor can help a sexual assault survivor in the hospital emergency department.
- Rape Crisis Counselors Can Benefit You (PDF)
- Rape Crisis Counselors Can Benefit You - Large Print (PDF)
About Sexual Assault Prevention and Survivor Services (SAPSS)
Sexual assault is a serious social and public health problem in Massachusetts. Over a ten-year period (1988-1997), over 26,000 incidents were reported to Department of Public Health funded rape crisis centers.
The mission of Sexual Assault Prevention and Survivor Services (SAPSS) is to change social norms that foster sexual violence, to encourage a climate where sexual assault is not tolerated, and to promote and enhance effective and accessible services for all survivors of sexual assault. To accomplish this mission, SAPSS
- advocates for sexual assault prevention and survivor needs statewide in the development of policies and programs, and provides information and technical assistance to other agencies, community organizations, and the public at large
- collects and analyzes data on sexual assault and evaluates sexual assault survivor services and community education programs
- fosters collaborations with other state and community organizations, such as Jane Doe, Inc.: The MA Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence, to maximize the effective use of resources and achieve program goals toward the elimination of sexual assault
- The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence.