The Affordable Care Act, signed into law by President Obama on March, 2010 contains a section that created the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV). Governor Deval Patrick named the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to lead this program.
The federally-funded MIECVH Program is designed to:
- Strengthen and improve programs carried out under Title V, the Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant.
- Improve service coordination for high need communities.
- Identify and provide evidence-based home visiting services to families who reside in high need communities
In Massachusetts the MIECHV Program is called The Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative (MHVI). MHVI, a state-agency partnership, delivers home visiting services to families across the state, through local human service agencies using proven home visiting models.
For MHVI Providers
Information for Moms
- About Home Visiting Programs
- About the Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative
- Learn what Massachusetts is Doing