The Affordable Care Act, signed into law by President Obama on March, 2010 contains a section that created the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV). Governor Deval Patrick named the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to lead this program.
The federally-funded MIECVH Program is designed to:
- Strengthen and improve programs carried out under Title V, the Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant.
- Improve service coordination for high need communities.
- Identify and provide evidence-based home visiting services to families who reside in high need communities
In Massachusetts the MIECHV Program is called The Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative (MHVI). MHVI, a state-agency partnership, delivers home visiting services to families across the state, through local human service agencies using proven home visiting models.
For MHVI Providers
Information for Moms
- About Home Visiting Programs
- About the Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative
- Learn what Massachusetts is Doing
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.