Welcome from the Board of Trustees
Since 1952, the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke’s mission is to provide quality “Care with Honor and Dignity” to our state’s Veterans. The Home is a state treasure where special people (our staff) take care of American heroes- our Veterans. In addition, it is a state-funded, fully accredited health care facility that offers Veterans quality health care, hospice care, including full-time residential accommodations, an on-site dental clinic, Veterans assistance center, and a multi-service outpatient department. The tradition of service to the Veterans of Massachusetts is surpassed only by our continuing commitment to excellence by the Home’s entire staff who provide quality “Care with Honor and Dignity” on a 24/7 basis for those in need now and in the future.
Bennett Walsh is superintendent of the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke. Bennett is a native of Springfield Massachusetts who is a retired Lieutenant Colonel with twenty four years active duty with the United States Marine Corps. He is a combat Veteran and deployed in support of operations in Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Humanitarian Assistance/Disaster relief in Japan.
The Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of Western Massachusetts residents (from all the counties within Western Massachusetts) who are appointed by Governor to oversee management of the Home. Michael Case- (a 38 year Veteran of the US Army and National Guard) is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and is an appointment by Governor Charles Baker.
The Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is fully accredited by The Joint Commission on accreditation of healthcare organizations and inspected annually by the federal Department of Veterans Affairs. The Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke received its latest full accreditation from The Joint Commission in June 2016 and February 2016 from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The entire staff at the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke embraces our mission of providing “Care with Honor and Dignity” to our state’s Veterans. We realize how much the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke means to not only Western Mass region, but for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We encourage all to visit our facility and use all the services we have to offer for our Veterans. In addition, please feel free to become a volunteer if you’d like to help in our mission of providing “Care with Honor and Dignity” to our Veterans. We are proud of our Home and even prouder to serve our Veterans. The Veterans worked hard for all of us and it is now our turn to work hard for our Veterans.
- Established in 1952, the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is a multi-faceted health care facility available to eligible veterans of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In 1971, a major addition was completed providing limited hospital services and...
- The mission of the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is to provide, with honor and dignity, the highest quality of personal health care services to Massachusetts Veterans. Our vision is to be recognized as the health care provider of choice for all Veterans residing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts...
- Information on making memorial contributions/gifts to the "Tree of Life," donating Wish List items, and volunteering in a variety of capacities through Holyoke's Volunteer Services Program.
- List of names of the seven members who reside on the Board of Trustees...
- Contact information for the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke including the mailing address of our facility and various phone numbers for the directors and departments at Holyoke.
- Multiple driving directions to our facility in Holyoke, Massachusetts.
- Privacy and security information regarding your medical information at the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke.