Click on the map below to find out more about MassWorks in your community !
The MassWorks Infrastructure Program is pleased to announce the 2013 MassWorks Awards . This year, the MassWorks Program placed a priority on funding mixed-use multi-family housing in support of Governor Patrick’s 10,000 housing unit per year production goal. In total 33 projects were selected totaling nearly $79 million in awards. We are pleased to announce that an estimated 2,500 housing units will be created and significant private investment will be made in the near term as a result of the MassWorks investments in infrastructure. Read the Press Release here.
The MassWorks Infrastructure Program plays a key role in helping to advance many of the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development’s key initiatives including:
- Choosing to Compete in the 21st Century
- Planning Ahead for Growth and Housing that Works
- Advancing the State’s Sustainable Development Principles
- Supporting Interagency Collaboration and Coordination
- Ensuring Consistency with Land Use Priority Plans / Regional Planning Initiatives
- Encouraging Prompt and Predictable Permitting
Each year the MassWorks Infrastructure Program measures the consistency against the program goals. Click here to view a summary of this year's round results.