Section 8 Applications
DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Application (Portuguese translation)
DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Application (Spanish translation)
DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Application (Russian translation)
DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Application (Cambodian translation)
DHCD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Application (Vietnamese translation)
For additional information, please contact DHCD at 617-573-1150.
Regional Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Applications
PLEASE READ: Important Notice Regarding PBV Applications
PBV Waiting Lists to Close Temporarily
Effective June 5, 2009, most PBV waiting lists will be temporarily closed to new applicants.
New PBV Waiting List Process
During 2009-2010, DHCD intends to implement changes in the way households apply for PBV assistance. To improve efficiency and reduce the amount of time it takes to select applicants for PBV unit vacancies, the responsibility for managing waiting lists will be transferred from DHCD's regional administering agencies to the owners or property managers for each PBV property. This transition will occur over time - on a project-by- project basis. Each PBV owner/property manager will be required to submit a tenant selection plan for DHCD review and approval, prior to assuming responsibility for managing their respective waiting list.
Attention All Existing PBV Applicants - Waiting List Update
During the month of July 2009, DHCD will update all existing PBV waiting lists. Applicants on one or more PBV waiting lists will be contacted - by mail - and asked to return a pre-paid post-card to DHCD indicating their continued interest in remaining on each list. Applicants who respond to the update notice will not lose their place on the waiting list(s). Applicants who fail to respond to this update request will be removed from the list(s).
Attention All New Applicants - Check This Site For Periodic Updates
During this transition period, it is possible that some additional waiting lists will close, and others may re-open again, prior to an owner/property manager taking over the waiting list for a specific property. Persons interested in applying for a PBV unit at one of the regional administering agencies listed below should periodically check this website for updates.
When an owner/property manager is ready to assume responsibility for their PBV waiting list, DHCD will post additional information on this website that will explain how new applicants can apply for PBV assistance at specific properties.
- Berkshire Housing (limited openings)
- Community Teamwork, Inc. (CTI) (limited openings)
- Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) (limited openings)
- HAP, Inc. (HAP) (limited openings)
- Lynn Housing Authority & Neighborhood Development
- Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership (MBHP) (limited openings)
- 1060 Belmont St. is only open for 2BR units
- Spencer Green is only open for 1BR units
- The Boston YWCA is only open for Enhanced SRO units. These single room units have individual bathrooms and
are wheel-chair accessible
- RCAP Solutions, Inc. (RCAP) (limited openings)
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
- Bethany School Apartments in Framingham is only open for 4BR units
- South Shore Housing Development Corporation (SSHDC) (limited openings)
Regional Section 8 Utility Allowances
- 2013 Regional Section 8 Utility Allowances (effective 12/1/12)
- 2012 Regional Section 8 Utility Allowances (effective 12/1/11)
Contact: For additional information, please contact DHCD at 617-573-1150.