WorkSharing - The smart alternative to layoffs
At some point, temporary business slowdowns affect most businesses and industries.
Participation in Massachusetts' WorkSharing Program is your alternative to layoffs that are disruptive for you as an employer, and to your workforce.
WorkSharing allows workers in an entire company, a company department, or even a small unit within the company to share reduced work hours while also collecting unemployment insurance benefits to supplement their reduced wages.
Your business advantageBy participating in WorkSharing, you:
- Keep your skilled, trained workers
- Maintain the continuity of your skilled workforce
- Stay prepared for your business's upswing because your workforce remains in place
- Avoid the time and expense of training new employees when business does increase
- Preserve workforce productivity by avoiding the insecurity and organizational disruption that are characteristic of layoffs
Charles F. Hurley Building
19 Staniford Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02114