Boards of the Division of Professional Licensure
The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) oversees and supports 28 boards of registration, which collectively license and regulate the practice of more than 50 different trades and professions in Massachusetts. A link to the website for each DPL board of registration, as well as a brief summary of the licenses issued by each, are listed below. To visit an individual board of registration’s website, please click on the appropriate link.
For information on other licenses or boards of registration not overseen by DPL, please visit www.mass.gov and use the “Professional License Information” search tool.
- Athletic Trainer, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Physical Therapy Facility
- Behavior Analyst, Educational Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, Rehabilitation Counselor
- NOTICE: Effective May 4, 2015, the Board of Registration of Barbers has merged with the Board of Registration of Cosmetology and the Board of Registration of Electrologists, to create a new Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering. For more information, please click the link above or visit the website of the Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering.
- Certified Health Officer
- Chiropractor, Chiropractic Facility
- Advanced Training Institute, Aesthetician, Aesthetician Instructor, Aesthetician School, Cosmetologist (Hairdresser), Cosmetology Instructor, Cosmetology School, Demonstrator, Manicuring School, Manicurist, Operator, Salon, Shop; Barbers (Apprentice, Master, Instructor), Barber Shop, Barber School; Electrologist, Electrology Instructor, Electrology School
NOTICE: Effective May 4, 2015, the Board of Registration Cosmetology, the Board of Registration of Barbers and the Board of Registration of Electrologists, merged to create a new Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering. For more information, please click the link above.
- Dispensing Optician
- Alarm System Business, Alarm System Installer and Technician, Journeyman Electrician, Electrical Corporation or Partnership, Fire Alarm System Business, Fire Alarm System Installer and Technician, Master Electrician
- NOTICE: Effective May 4, 2015, the Board of Registration of Electrologists has merged with the Board of Registration of Cosmetology and the Board of Registration of Barbers, to create a new Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering. For more information, please click the link above or visit the website of the Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering.
- Embalmer, Embalmer Apprentice, Funeral Director, Funeral Establishment
- Hearing Instrument (Hearing Aid) Specialist
- Associate Home Inspector, Home Inspector
- Landscape Architect
- Massage Therapist/Practitioner, Massage Therapy Salon, Massage Therapy School
- Drinking Water Supply Facility Operator
- Gas Fitter (Apprentice, Journeyman, Master) , Gasfitting Corporation or Partnership, Gasfitting Inspector (Journeyman, Master), LP Gas Installer, Limited LP Gas Installer, Plumber (Apprentice, Journeyman, Master), Plumbing Corporation or Partnership, Plumbing Inspector (Journeyman, Master)
- The Board currently licenses in the following disciplines: Aeronautical, Agricultural, Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Control Systems, Electrical, Environmental, Fire Protection, Heating & Ventilation, Industrial, Land Surveyor, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Mining and Mineral, Naval Architecture, Nuclear, Petroleum, Safety, Sanitary, Structural. The Board no longer, but has in the past, also licensed in the following disciplines: Aeronautical/Aerospace, Architectural Marine, Astronautical, Ceramic, Construction, Corrosion, Electronic, Engineering Physics, Geotechnical, Highway, Manufacturing, Marine, Materials, Plumbing, Quality, Railroad, Systems, Traffic, Transportation
- Business Corporation, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CPA Corporation, CPA LLC, CPA LLP, CPA Partnership
- NOTICE: Effective November 4, 2014, the Board of Registration of Radio and Television Technicians has been eliminated. As a result, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts no longer requires individuals engaged in the radio and television repair profession to be licensed. For more information, please click the link above to visit the Board’s website.
- Certified General, Certified Residential, State Licensed, Trainee
- Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Corporation or Partnership, Real Estate LLC or LLP, Real Estate Salesperson
- Sheet Metal Worker (Apprentice, Journeyperson, Master), Sheet Metal Work Business, Sheet Metal Work School
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Certified Social Worker, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Social Worker Associate
- Audiologist, Audiologist Assistant, Speech Pathologist, Speech Pathologist Assistant
- Veterinarian, Limited Practitioner
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.