Statewide Events & Safety Tips — Find information about events across Massachusetts, as well as safety tips for celebrating the holiday from the Mass.Gov blog.
Celebrations on the Boston Esplanade — Get event information including what items are prohibited as well as when and where Esplanade access points are open.
- Bicycles are not allowed on subway lines and bicycle restrictions also apply for Commuter Rail service.
- All MBTA parking garages and the Wellington Station lot are pay-on-entry and cash-only.
- Fans attending Red Sox games on July 3 and July 4th are advised to seek alternate routes due to closures on Storrow Drive.
- Firework viewing is not allowed on the Longfellow Bridge due to construction.
- Up-river traffic from the New Charles River Dam will be closed between 7:45 p.m. on July 4th and 2 a.m. on July 5.
- Boats are not allowed to anchor between firework barges and the Mass. Ave. Bridge.