The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and its Department of Veterans' Services are pleased to provide an annuity in the amount of $2,000 which is payable biannually on August 1st and February 1st in two installments of $1,000 each. Please be aware that NEW applications for an August payment must be received and approved by DVS June 30th in any given year. NEW Applications for a February payment must be received and approved by DVS by December 31st in any given year.
This annuity is given in recognition of the service of our distinguished 100% service-connected disabled veterans and to the parents of distinguished veterans (Gold Star Parents) and the unmarried spouses (Gold Star Wives or Husbands) of distinguished veterans who gave their lives in the service of their country during wartime.
Eligible applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Meets one of the service time requirements set forth in 108 CMR 3.03.
- Has received any discharge from military service other than a dishonorable discharge.
- Is a resident of Massachusetts at the time of applying for the annuity and continues to be a resident of the Commonwealth as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A.
- Meets the requirements for blindness, paraplegia, double amputation or other disability set forth in M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6B and so certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Proof of service and disability shall be furnished to the Commissioner as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6C.
Parent or Spouse
- Death of veteran must be service-connected.
- Parent/spouse must reside in the Commonwealth and must continue to reside in Massachusetts from the date of application and while in receipt of the annuity payments.
- Spouses must not be remarried.
How to Apply
To receive the annuity the applicant must complete the application, the IRS' W-9 Form, and the Electronic Funds Transfer sign up sheet. Submit all annuity applications to:
Department of Veterans' Services
600 Washington St., 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Forms can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat PDF format online. An application may also be obtained by regular mail by calling the Department of Veterans' Services (617-210-5480) NO FAX APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED .
There is a separate application form for each category of applicant:
IRS W-9 Form
Complete the W-9 Form in order to receive annuity payment from the Commonwealth.
Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer) Form
Complete this form to have your annuity payment deposited directly into your bank account. This is the ONLY method of payment.
Note that when filling out this form you (the applicant) is referred to as the "vendor" and your Tax Identification Number (TIN) is your Social Security Number. Print the form, sign it, and attach a voided check. Send the form to DVS-Annuities with your completed application and W-9. *MANDATORY*