Each year the Commission gathers nominations from across the state for women who make outstanding contributions to their organizations and communities. The Honorees are nominated by state legislators as a means of recognizing women for their previously unnoted yet valuable community contributions.
The Unsung Heroines are women who don’t always make the news, but truly make the difference. They are the women who use their time, talent and enthusiasm to enrich the lives of others and make a difference in their neighborhoods, cities and towns. They are mentors, volunteers and innovators who do what needs to be done without expectations of recognition or gratitude. These women are the glue that keeps a community together and every community has them.
Although we request that all nominations come from legislators, community input is important. We would be happy to provide you with the contact information of a particular legislator and can assist in following up with their office. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at x6520 should you have any questions or requests for additional information.
The Unsung Heroines Celebration of 2014 will be held on May 29, 2014 at the Massachusetts State House in Great Hall.
Massachusetts Unsung Heroines from 2004-2013
- Tenth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2013
- Ninth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2012
- Eighth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2011
- Seventh Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts 2010
- Sixth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2009
- Fifth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts 2008
- Fourth Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2007
- Third Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2006
- First & Second Annual Unsung Heroines of Massachusetts for 2004 & 2005
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.