2013 Police and State Trooper Exam Update
Thank you for your patience throughout this period while our office re-scheduled the postponed examination.
The 2013 Police & State Trooper exam will now be held on Saturday, June 15, 2013.
Due to the re-scheduling of the exam, if the new date poses a hardship, you must email the Civil Service Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation and supporting documentation and our office will review the request.
We have made several changes to test locations and you should disregard any prior Notice to Appear that was emailed to you.
Please be advised that new Notices to Appear will be emailed two weeks prior to the exam date, which will include your exam location and time. It will also contain information on what items are allowed OR prohibited from the exam site.
For further updates please check our website www.mass.gov/hrd or the hotline at 617.878.9895. You may also follow us on Twitter@MACivilService
2013 Police Officer Examination Postponed
Due to recent events the 2013 Police Officer Exam (Municipal, MBTA & State Trooper) has been postponed. The exam WILL NOT be administered on Saturday, April 20, 2013. Once the exam has been rescheduled, applicants will be notified. For updates please check our website www.mass.gov/hrd or the hotline at 617-878-9895. We apologize for this inconvenience and will continue to keep all candidates informed.
- On-line Services
- Information on Civil Service law, selection, appointment, promotion and termination processes for prospective employees, current employees and appointing authorities.
- Access Schedule of currently offered examinations, reading lists for public safety promotional examinations and exam forms information.
- Notice to Appear & Exam Form Information for Applicants Participating in Upcoming Scheduled Examinations.
Note: Exam forms (such as education & experience instructions, worksheets and employment verification forms) are no longer mailed to applicants with their notice to appear and must be downloaded and printed by applicants from our website.
Applicants should have these forms completed and bring them, along with supporting documents, to the exam. Read the exam announcement/poster for the on-line availability date of exam forms and which forms are applicable for your specific test.
- Forms for state and municipal appointing authorities, applicants and current employees. Examination fee waivers, civil service personnel transactions; applicant record maintenance and state & city of Boston labor service applications.
- Guides & Publications related to civil service laws, rules, procedures, transactions, exam orientation & preparation, public safety entry level employment.
To update your Applicant Information, please go to MaCS Job Opportunities page and select "*Update MaCS Account".
The purpose of this application is to allow you to update contact information as well as Veteran status, EMT certification, and language fluency. In addition, filling out this application will permit you access into the MaCS system to view the contact information you have listed in your Master Profile.
If you have lost your notice to appear, please call the Civil Service Unit at 617-878-9700. We will look up your account information and resend your notice to your e-mail address.
Please remember that it is the responsibility of the applicant to keep contact information up to date with our agency.
- Information on initial (at-hire) Medical and Physical Fitness Standards for municipal public safety personnel, medical examinations, Physical Abilities Test (PAT), Wellness at Work Program.
- The Human Resources Division has created a series of videos and powerpoint presentations to assist appointing authorities and candidates through some facets of the civil service process.
- Listings of Human Resources Division Civil Service Liaisons and the State Secretariat & Municipal accounts they serve.