Integrity in Public Benefits Programs:
Audit Finds MassHealth Making Payments to Providers Prohibited by Federal Law
Our report found that MassHealth, the state’s Medicaid program, paid a total of $476,787 for medical services or prescriptions from doctors that are disallowed by federal law from participating in the program. The prohibition resulted from violations of federal laws and regulations, including convictions related to patient abuse and healthcare fraud. Click here to learn more.
Recent Press Releases
- Auditor Calls on Malden Physician to Repay $55K to MassHealth
- Audit Finds MassHealth Making Payments to Providers Prohibited by Federal Law
- Audit Finds Overpayments to Franklin-based Business by MassHealth
- Auditor Bump Commends Suffolk District Attorney for Financial Protections
- Auditor’s Office Provides Solutions to Address Fiscal Impacts on Municipalities
- See All Recent Press Releases
- Office of Medicaid (MassHealth)—Review of Selected Outpatient Evaluation and Management Services Claims Submitted by Dr. Kunwar S. Singh
- State Ethics Commission—Examination of Annual Internal Control Questionnaire file size 1MB
- Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council — Examination of Annual Internal Control Questionnaire file size 1MB
- Office of Medicaid (MassHealth) – Review of Providers Excluded from Participating in the Medicaid Program
- Office of Medicaid (MassHealth)—Review of Claims Submitted by Hudson Home Health Care, Inc.
- See All Recent Audits/Reports