On August 11, Supreme Judicial Court Chief Justice Ralph D. Gants (center, back row) had lunch with the SJC's 2015 Judicial Youth Corps students from the Boston program in the John Adams Courthouse. The Judicial Youth Corps is an intensive summer judicial internship program for high school students in Boston, Worcester and Springfield. On August 13, the students celebrated the end of their programs with a mock trial presided over by SJC Justice Geraldine S. Hines, and a graduation ceremony where retired SJC Chief Justice Roderick L. Ireland delivered remarks and presented the students with certificates of achievement. Learn more about the JYC program and the graduation ceremony.
The Supreme Judicial Court is the Commonwealth's highest appellate court. It consists of a Chief Justice and six Associate Justices. The seven Justices hear appeals on a broad range of criminal and civil cases from September through May and issue written opinions that are posted online. Learn more about the Court.
News & Announcements
- Notice Inviting Comment on Proposed Amendments to Supreme Judicial Court Rule 1:24 -- Personal Identifying Information
- Amicus Announcements Posted (August 20, 2015)
- American Bar Association Presents Supreme Judicial Court Justice Fernande R.V. Duffly With 2015 Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award
- Notice Inviting Comment on Proposed Amendments to Rule 3:11 of the Rules of the Supreme Judicial Court
- New Uniform Trial Court Rules for Civil Commitment Proceedings for Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- SJC Full Bench Recently Transferred Cases Posted (July 23, 2015)
- Pro Bono Honor Roll materials for calendar year 2014 now available
Read more news
Supreme Judicial Court Offices
- Clerk's Office for the Commonwealth
The Office of the Clerk for the Commonwealth maintains the docket and calendar for the Supreme Judicial Court full bench, attends sessions of the full court, maintains the docket, processes pertinent filings, serves as the court's liaison to parties or their counsel and is the keeper of the records.
- Clerk's Office for The County of Suffolk
The Clerk's Office for the County of Suffolk is primarily responsible for the single justice caseload of the Supreme Judicial Court, matters filed by the Board of Bar Overseers pertaining to attorney discipline and administrative matters affecting members of the bar, and matters relating to admission to the Bar and the practice of law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Office of the Reporter of Decisions
The Office of the Reporter of Decisions publishes and maintains the official written opinions of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the Appeals Court.
- Public Information Office
The Public Information Office of the Supreme Judicial Court is the central communications office for media and public inquiries and requests concerning the Massachusetts judicial branch.