- Proper Use and Disposal of Syringes
- Statewide Ban on Sharps in Household Trash
- Regulation 105 CMR 480.000 Minimum Requirements for the Management of Medical or Biological Waste (State Sanitary Code, Chapter VIII) has been amended. The revised provisions were effective on July 11, 2008.
- All medical or biological waste generators must now maintain a current logbook as outlined in the amended regulations.
- Effective July 1, 2012, homesharps, as well as unopened packages of hypodermic needles and lancets, shall not be disposed of in solid municipal waste, including household waste, and shall be collected and disposed of in accordance with the requirements outlined in the amended regulations.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the following does not constitute the official version of this regulation. As is the case with all state regulations, official versions are available from the Secretary of the Commonwealth's State Publications and Regulations Division, through the State Bookstore. For the official version, contact the State Bookstore in Boston at (617) 727-2834.
- Memorandum to CEOs of hospitals licensed to provide maternal and newborn services regarding the release of placenta to patients after childbirth
Medical Waste Regulations (copy of the amended medical waste regulations * and on-site, as well as off-site logs).
- Needle and Syringe Purchase, Sale, Use and Disposal