- Mission, Vision, Values
- Hospital Information
- Programs Offered
- Directions to Western Massachusetts Hospital
- Notice of Privacy Practices
Western Massachusetts Hospital is a 100 bed long term medical and specialty care hospital owned and operated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health. Located in Westfield, Massachusetts, the hospital is the only public hospital operating in the western region of Massachusetts with a mission to serve as a medical safety net for many uninsured and underinsured citizens residing in the region. Western Massachusetts Hospital provides both acute and chronic hospital care to patients with a variety of chronic diseases and complicated medical conditions, such as: cardiac and pulmonary disease, chronic neurological disorders, complications of strokes, coma of various causes, various infections, gastrointestinal conditions, complicated seizure disorders, dementia's with major behavioral issues, and end stage terminal illnesses of various diagnoses. Western Massachusetts Hospital provides dental and eye care clinics to targeted populations as part of its community benefits program.
To be a caring hospital community which provides affordable, quality healthcare services that enable patients to reach and maintain their highest physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
To be a valuable and viable regional resource which responds to the healthcare and related needs of underserved patients.
Since its founding in 1910, Western Massachusetts Hospital has exemplified the following organizational values:
- Concern for the dignity and well-being of patients
- Commitment to excellence and quality patient care
- Adherence to ethical standards of the helping professions
- Respect for the hospital and pride in its accomplishments
- Dedication to the mission of Public Health
Western Massachusetts Hospital employees believe in these values and strive to uphold them every day.
Employee Vision Statement
We are a diverse group of individuals who work together as a team to operate a public health care facility committed to providing quality care. We are especially dedicated to identifying and providing individuals with services not available to them in the community. Our concern for the dignity and well-being of our patients leads us to give special attention to their family and friends. We continuously strive to maintain the highest standards in everything we do. We challenge and support all employees to work cooperatively and with integrity.
Realizing each employee's potential enriches the Hospital community. By maintaining an atmosphere which is creative and innovative, we encourage each other to make a special contribution to excellence in patient care. All employees contribute to the successful operation of the Hospital. Our work together is successful because we respect and depend on one another. There is a free flow of ideas and information so that everyone is involved and valued. Individuals communicate clearly, honestly, and directly about concerns. Conflicting ideas are encouraged because they are seen as critical to challenging our thinking and providing the opportunity for new resolutions and positive change.
As a public health care facility, we collaborate with the community to identify deficiencies and gaps in health care services. We expand and change our programs, services and campus to respond to these changing needs in the community.
We believe that our primary responsibility is to provide care and services designed to enable patients to reach and maintain their highest physical, social, mental and spiritual well-being. We do this best when patients and their loved ones are actively involved in their care. We support these efforts by creating a homelike environment.
Everyone is treated with respect, dignity and compassion. We value diversity of ideas, opinions and cultures. This allows us to be a supportive and attractive environment for both the community and employees.
Prepared by a joint management/employee work group on September 27, 1994.
Chief Executive Officer
Valenda M. Liptak
|Location:||91 East Mountain Road, Westfield, Massachusetts 01085|
|Phone Number:||(413) 562-4131|
|Fax Number:||(413) 562-7338|
|Institution Origination Date:||1910|
|Original Use:||Tuberculosis Sanitarium|
|Accreditation:||JC December 2012|
- Long-Term Hospital Medical Inpatient Care
- Dedicated Ventilator Care program for Vent Dependent Patients
- Medical/Rehabilitation Care for Inpatients with Neuro-Degenerative Diseases
- Inpatient Alzheimer's Disease Programs for Complex Behavioral Problems
- Inpatient Palliative Care Program for Terminally Ill Patients
- Kamp for Kids Summer Program for Able and Disabled Children
- Outpatient Eye and Dental Clinics
- Inpatient Respite Care Services
Western Massachusetts Hospital
91 East Mountain Rd.
Westfield , MA 01085
From Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90)
- Take Exit 3 - Westfield
- Take a Right after the toll booth
- Proceed 100 yards and take a Left onto Holyoke Road
- Proceed to stop sign at East Mountain Road
- Turn Right onto East Mountain Road
- Western Massachusetts Hospital is 2 miles on left side
From Interstate 91 or Holyoke
- Take Exit 16 - Route 202 South
- Follow Route 202 South/Westfield
- At the traffic light at the bottom of Reservoir Hill, turn Left
- Follow East Mountain Road about 5 miles
- Western Massachusetts Hospital is on the left side
From Springfield/West Springfield
- Route 20 towards Westfield
- Look for the "Entering Westfield" sign
- At the next traffic light, turn right at the underpass (there is a Westfield Mass. Hospital sign)
- Western Massachusetts Hospital is on the right, at the top of the hill
This information is provided by the within the Department of Public Health.