Report abuse or request urgent assistance

If you need to report child abuse, any other kind of abuse, or require urgent assistance, please see the resources below. If you or anybody else that you know are in immediate danger or in an emergency, call 911.

Table of Contents

If you or anybody else that you know are in immediate danger or in an emergency, call 911

Call 911 to request immediate assistance from police, an ambulance and medical staff, or firefighters.

Learn how to make a silent call to 911

If you're unable to communicate your emergency for any reason, you can indicate your need for help by pressing digits on your telephone's keypad.

Child abuse or neglect

Child-at-Risk Hotline (24/7): (800) 792-5200

Report child abuse or neglect

If you know or suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, please report it immediately. Anyone can file a report of abuse or neglect. If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call 911.

Learn about child abuse and neglect 

Learn what to do if you suspect or know a child is being abused or neglected. 

Disabled persons abuse or neglect

Domestic violence

Contact a domestic violence program near you

The link above provides phone numbers for domestic violence programs across Massachusetts. There's more help available to you (and your children) than ever before. No one deserves to be abused.

Sexual and domestic violence prevention and services

Find information for yourself or others on programs and services funded by the Commonwealth which help survivors and their children intervene and learn about prevention.

Elder abuse or neglect

Elder Abuse Helpline (24/7): (800) 922-2275

Report elder abuse

Elder abuse applies to persons aged 60 and over and includes physical, sexual, and emotional abuse; caretaker neglect; financial exploitation; and self neglect.

Report and learn about elder financial abuse

Find out how to spot and what to do about elder financial abuse or fraud at your financial institution. Learn about reporting requirements, training resources, and suspicious activity reporting.

Report an incident in a healthcare facility

How to report an incident in a healthcare facility

Instructions and fax forms for reporting all incidents under the Patient Abuse Law.

Learn more about report an incident in a healthcare facility

Report suspected abuse, neglect, mistreatment and misappropriation of patient or resident property.

Sexual assault and rape

Find your closest Rape Crisis Center

Find the location and contact information for Rape Crisis Centers across Massachusetts. These centers offer free services for sexual assault survivors and provide 24/7 hotline counseling, information, and referrals.

Learn more about Sexual Assault Prevention and Survivor Services

Get in touch with counselors, local crisis networks, and form a prevention plan. 

Massachusetts law on rape and sexual assault

A compilation of laws, regulations, cases, and web sources on rape and sexual assault.

Massachusetts law on sexual interaction

A compilation of laws, regulations, cases, and web sources on sex law.

Suicide prevention

Samaritans Statewide Hotline, Call or Text (24/7): (877) 870-4673 

Suicide prevention crisis hotlines

If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please call one of the 24-hour crisis hotline numbers immediately.

Emergency housing

Families seeking urgent housing can find emergency family shelter.

Learn about agencies and nonprofits that offer emergency housing.

For housing assistance in your language, learn about available translation services.


Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.