The basic concept behind the Office of the Inspector General is that any institution, a corporation, a university, let alone the institution of government, must build into itself a mechanism for self-criticism and self-correction - John William Ward.
The Massachusetts Office of the Inspector General is the oldest state-level inspector general’s office in the nation. Established in 1981 at the recommendation of the Special Commission Concerning State and County Buildings and its Chairman, John William Ward, the Office was granted a broad mandate under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 12A to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse in government.
News and Updates
- January 2017, Vol. 23, #1, Procurement Bulletin file size 1MB
- IN THIS ISSUE:
- Information on a recently-issued advisory on Energy Broker Services
- New designees
- MCPPO January-June 2017 schedule and registration form
- IN THIS ISSUE:
- OIG Joint Investigation Results in Charges Against Former Blandford Tax Collector, January 2017
- The Bureau of Program Integrity’s Update on the Work Program Requirement for Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children, November 2016 file size 2MB
- This report is a further examination of the Work Program Requirement for the Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children program administered by the Department of Transitional Assistance. Part One of this report is focused on the implementation of the Pathways to Self-Sufficiency program outlined in the 2014 Welfare Reform Statute. Part Two is focused on larger contextual issues related to the Work Program Requirement and the opportunities for collaboration across secretariats related to the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant and the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act. The Bureau’s initial report is available at: The Bureau of Program Integrity's Review of the Work Program Requirement for Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children, July 2014 file size 1MB.
- Former Boston Housing Authority Director Sentenced, November 2016
- Joint OIG Investigation Results in Larceny Convictions for Two Buzzards Bay Water District Employees, October 2016
- See All News and Updates