The basic concept behind the Office of the Inspector General is that any institution, a corporation, a university, let alone the institution of government, must build into itself a mechanism for self-criticism and self-correction - John William Ward.
The Massachusetts Office of the Inspector General is the oldest state-level inspector general’s office in the nation. Established in 1981 at the recommendation of the Special Commission Concerning State and County Buildings and its Chairman, John William Ward, the Office was granted a broad mandate under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 12A to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse in government.
News and Updates
- Inspector General Council Notice of Meeting 8-27-15
- Inspector General Council Notice of Meeting 8-11-15
- July 2015, Vol. 21, #2, Procurement Bulletin file size 1MB
Inside the July 2015 Procurement Bulletin
- Articles on:
- GSA Contracts
- Procuring Water Meters
- Energy Management Services Contracts
- Listing of New MCPPO Designees
- MCPPO September - December 2015 Schedule
- Articles on:
- MCPPO Registration Form September - December 2015
The Office has issued a printable copy of the current MCPPO Registration Form, including a list of all seminars, dates, locations and costs.
- IG's Westfield State University Investigation Team Receives Manuel Carballo Governor's Award for Excellence in Public Service, June 2015
- The Westfield State University Investigation Team reviewed the spending practices of the then-president of Westfield State University (WSU), Evan S. Dobelle, and uncovered tens of thousands of dollars of personal spending on WSU credit cards, lavish travel and other abuses of public funds. Through the Commonwealth's Performance Recognition Program, the Team was recognized for its outstanding contributions and service to the citizens of Massachusetts.
- Governor Charlie Baker and Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito sent a congratulatory letter to the Team for being selected as a recipient of the Manuel Carballo Governor's Award. Manuel Carballo Governor's Award for Excellence in Public Service to the Office of the Inspector General, June 2015
- Also, see the Human Resources Division Announcement.
- See All News and Updates