The Juvenile Court Department is a statewide court with jurisdiction over civil and criminal matters including delinquencies, youthful offender cases, care and protections and children requiring assistance cases. It is the mission of the Juvenile Court to protect children from abuse and neglect, to promote opportunities for children to reside in a safe, stable, permanent family environment, to strengthen families, to rehabilitate juveniles, to protect the public from delinquent and criminal behavior and to decide all cases fairly and impartially with dedication, integrity and professionalism. The Juvenile Court has 41 judges, including the Chief Justice, in over 40 locations.
SJC Committee Seeks Attorney Response in the Counties of Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes and Nantucket
The SJC's program to evaluate and enhance judicial performance is sending questionnaires via email to attorneys who practice before all Trial Court departments in the counties of Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes and Nantucket. The evaluations period ends on March 31, 2015. Lawyers interested in learning more, or who wish to get a copy of the questionnaire, should click on the "read more" link below.
- Child Requiring Assistance
- Court Investigators
- Guardians Ad Litem in the Juvenile Court Department
- Juvenile Court Administrative Office
- Juvenile Court Department Forms
- Juvenile Court Financial Statements
- Juvenile Court Justices
- Juvenile Court Standing Orders 2-07: Time Standards
- Juvenile Courts by County
- News & Announcements
- Procedures Governing Intra-departmental Transfers and Assignments
- Standing Orders of the Juvenile Court Department