Child Requiring Assistance Cases

Find out what will happen in court, who may be involved, and what your rights are as a parent, legal guardian, or custodian in a Child Requiring Assistance (CRA) case (formerly known as CHINS).

A CRA case is one where parents, guardians, or school officials ask the court to help supervise a child. Find out what will happen after you or a representative from your child's or ward's school has filed an Application for a Child Requiring Assistance for your child. If you have questions about the court proceedings that aren't answered here, you can ask your attorney if you're being represented by counsel or the clerks in the Clerk-Magistrate's office of the court where your child's case is being heard. For information on where to file a CRA, please contact your local Juvenile Court.

Contact Information


Related Services

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.