About the Program
Massachusetts Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (MassEVIP): Workplace Charging is a Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) open grant program that provides incentives to employers for the acquisition of Level 1 and Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Massachusetts employers with 15 or more employees in non-residential places of business are eligible. MassDEP will provide 50 percent of the funding (up to $25,000) for hardware costs to employers installing Level 1 and Level 2 charging stations.
MassEVIP: Workplace Charging Brochure file size 1MB
How to Apply
Interested employers are required to submit the application form below to MassDEP. Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis until all funding is expended. Apply Now!
MassEVIP: Workplace Charging Grant Application
Please contact MassDEP for current information about the state contract for vehicle charging stations.
Workplace Charging Facts
Workplace charging refers to the electric vehicle charging infrastructure, or electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), available for electric vehicles at or near places of employment. Workplace charging:
- Allows access to EV charging for employees who do not have charging at home.
- Demonstrates the employer’s leadership to employees, customers and the surrounding community.
- Furthers employer goals for improving employee commuting practices and reducing greenhouse gases and other vehicle emissions.
- Enhances employee benefits packages and helps employers recruit and retain employees.
MassEVIP: Workplace Charging Q&A file size 1MB
For More Information
- To learn more about MassEVIP, contact Sejal Shah of MassDEP: 617-556-1015 or email@example.com
- To learn more about incentives for acquiring electric vehicles and charging stations, see: Massachusetts Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (MassEVIP): Fleets
- See also Alternative Transportation for additional information.