Insurance, Incentives, & Funding
- Brownfields Resource Guide
- Supporting New England Communities: Resource Guide to Programs of the Sustainable Communities Partnership
- Brownfields Redevelopment Toolbox: A Guide for Massachusetts Communities file size 1MB file size 2MB
- Eligibility for Brownfields Redevelopment Tools, by Stakeholder
- List of Economically Distressed Areas (EDAs)
- Brownfields Site Assessment & Cleanup Funding
- State Subsidized Environmental Insurance
- Brownfields Tax Incentives
- Brownfields Liability Relief
Brownfields Support Team Initiative
- BST Update, November 2012 file size 2MB
- Massachusetts Brownfield Support Team Initiative: May 2010 Update file size 3MB file size 7MB
- BST Update, July 2011 file size 1MB
- $2 Million to Support Springfield, Grafton Brownfield Support Team Projects
- MassDEP is Awarded $1 Million in FY09 EPA Brownfields Assessment Funds
- Brownfields Act
Chapter 206 of the Acts of 1998
- Summary of the Brownfields Act: Chapter 206 of the Acts of 1998
The Brownfields Act provides liability relief and financial incentives to attract new investment in these properties while ensuring that the Commonwealth's environmental standards are met.
Kerry Bowie, MassDEP Brownfields Coordinator
MassDEP Regional Brownfields Contacts
Northeast Regional Office - Joanne Fagan (978) 694-3390
Central Regional Office - Diane Belliveau (508) 767-2805
Southeast Regional Office - Gerard Martin (508) 946-2799
Western Regional Office - Ben Fish (413) 755-2285
Access to Capital Program
MA Brownfields Redevelopment Fund
MA Brownfields Tax Credit
MA Brownfields Covenant Not to Sue Program
Department of Housing And Community Development Funding (DHCD)
MA Economic Development Incentive Program (EDIP)
Eileen Rogan, Massachusetts Office of Business Development (MOBD)
MA Executive Office of Housing & Economic Development MassWorks Program
MassDevelopment Brownfields Advisory Group
This group was established through the 1998 Brownfields Act to oversee the Brownfields Redevelopment Fund. Meetings are quarterly and open to the public.
MassDevelopment Brownsfield Redevelopment Fund
US Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Program
EPA Brownfields in New England
US Department of Housing and Urban Development Funding
Economic Development Administration
U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- Siting Clean Energy on Brownfields
- EEA Smart Growth & Urban Environments
- EEA Smart Growth and Urban Environments - Building Vibrant Communities
- Department of Energy Resources (DOER)
- Green Communities
- Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development (MassEcon)
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC)
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- National Park Service (NPS)
- US Army Corps of Engineers Brownfields - Urban Waters Program
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.