Friendly URL: www.mass.gov/dph/youthtreatment
Use the link above to return directly to this page in the future.
Do you or someone you know need help with an alcohol or drug problem?
Help is available. For free and confidential help with finding the right youth or young adult service or program call:
Central Intake and Care Coordination (CICC)
617-661-3991 or 866-705-2807 (toll free)
For More Information
- Massachusetts Youth & Young Adult Substance Abuse Services Directory
- Massachusetts Youth & Young Adult Substance Abuse Services Directory file size 3MB
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline
- Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse
- DPH/BSAS Prevention and Wellness
Information for Service Providers
- BSAS Licensing Regulations
- BSAS ESM Forms and Manuals
- Practice Guidance: Treatment Services for Youth and Their Families (PDF)
Office of Youth and Young Adult Services
The Office of Youth and Young Adult Services staff designs, implements, and oversees the programs, policies and initiatives that are created by the Bureau to address substance abuse issues among youth and young adults. The purpose of this office is to build and maintain system capacity across the continuum of care. The directive of the office is to provide effective, accessible, and affordable substance abuse treatment for youth and their families. The OYYAS staff believes services should be developed which utilize evidenced based practices, are youth-focused and inclusive of family and caregiver involvement, and involve multi-service coordination with other state agencies and youth service providers. In addition to community-based outpatient assessment and counseling, the Bureau offers comprehensive residential treatment services that focus on substance use disorders. Please visit the links above as they contain additional information about youth prevention and treatment.
250 Washington Street, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02108
BSAS Main Number:
617-624-5111 TTY 888-448-8321