The Veterans’ Bonus Division is proud to provide bonus payments for eligible veterans, servicemembers, and their families for qualified service in the United States Military. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts provides a bonus to eligible veterans who were domiciled in Massachusetts immediately prior to entry in the Armed Forces. In case of the death of an eligible veteran, the spouse and children, mother or father, brother or sister, or other dependents of the deceased veteran (in that order) may be eligible for a bonus.
The steps for receiving a Veterans’ Bonus are as follows:
- Complete the application
- Provide certificate of residency (Form is included with application)
- Provide required documentation
- Mail in application along with documentation
- Receive bonus
Note: Payments take approximately 4–6 weeks to process and deliver, via mailed check.
Unfortunately, we do not have direct deposit services available.
Bonus payments are
- Can be claimed for multiple deployments (Welcome Home Bonus only)
- Subject to applicants meeting eligibility requirements
- Carry no deadlines
See dates of eligibility below: