SSTA Time Approvers of Online Timesheets
Time Approvers of online timesheets do not need to re-validate the balances when you approve the timesheet. They are reduced upon employee time submission. Leave time balances reflect the actual time an employee has available and is eligible to use. The SSTA application validates that the employee has enough leave time when the employee submits the timesheet. If the employee does not have enough time in their balance, they will receive an error and will need to change their time. Approvers of TCD timesheets should continue to click “Submit” before approving the timesheet. For assistance, contact the MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC).
SSTA - TCD Time Approvers
Approvers of TCD timesheets should click “Submit” before approving the SSTA timesheets.
SSTA - Use of Zeros on Timesheet (All SSTA Time Reporters)
When reporting leave time, do not enter zeros on the timesheet for hours worked. The SSTA application recognizes the leave time reported when the timesheet is submitted.
Self-Service Time and Attendance (SSTA) is the Commonwealth’s new time reporting system. SSTA allows employees to report and submit time worked and view their leave balances online, in real time, at their convenience. This new web-based technology allows the Commonwealth to streamline and automate time collection across Executive Departments, Constitutional Offices, Community Colleges and State Universities. Rollout 3/Segment 5 was launched on Sunday, April 21, 2013. Today, over 20,000 SSTA time reporters are now supported by the MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC). MassHR’s Employee Service Center (ESC) provides a single point of contact for Self-Service Time and Attendance support.
Important SSTA Time Reporting Reminders:
For Time Collection Device (TCD) Time Entry:
- If you miss a punch contact your supervisor immediately for assistance.
For Online (Computer) Time Entry:
- Submit time each week by Thursday at 5 p.m.
- Daily time entry/submission is best practice. If the hours actually worked on Friday or Saturday are different than what was recorded on Thursday, the time should be changed on your timesheet that week if possible or the next week. Please be sure to inform your supervisor if you make a change to your timesheet after it has been approved.
For Time Approvers:
- Daily time approval is best practice.
- Managers/Supervisors should approve time by Friday at noon, and by Sunday at 6 p.m. for weekend schedules.
- When approving TCD time entries, remember to submit the timesheets first, review and approve time entries as appropriate.
MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC) is our first point of contact for SSTA support. Contact the MassHR ESC if you have any questions or need assistance.
MassHR Employee Service Center (ESC)
Toll Free: 1-855-4HR-SPPT (1-855-447-7778)
MassHR Launches the Workforce Enhancement Program
Yesterday’s skills will not be sufficient to meet your agency’s evolving business needs.
The Workforce Enhancement Program offers free courses to equip you with the knowledge and skills for today and in the future.
Learn more about the Workforce Enhancement Program.