- Electronic Filing at the Appeals Court
The Appeals Court now accepts electronic filing in single justice ("J") cases in addition to panel ("P") cases. See this page for instructions, guidance, and updates.
- Notice Inviting Comment on Proposed Amendments to the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure
We invite you to comment on proposed amendments to the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure. Comments are due August 31, 2017.
- Civil Appeals Clinic
Free assistance with appeals and the appeals process is available to qualifying, low-income persons at the Civil Appeals Clinic at the Appeals Court Clerk's Office. Clinic hours are Wednesdays, 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Amicus Briefs
The Appeals Court encourages interested parties to file amicus briefs. Any party not directly involved in a case, but that has an interest or opinion about a case pending before the court may file a brief in accordance with Rule 17.
- Reduced Number of Copies of Brief and Appendix Required
The Appeals Court is reducing the number of copies of the brief and record appendix that must be filed: only 4 copies each of the brief and record appendix need be filed with the Clerk with 2 copies served on counsel for each party separately represented, and only 2 copies of each exhibit volume and 1 copy of each transcript need be filed with the Clerk with 1 copy of each served on counsel for each party separately represented.
- Appeals Court Standing Order Concerning Docketing Statements for All Appeals (Civil and Criminal)
- Register for Clerk's Office Announcements