The Housing Court Department has jurisdiction over civil and criminal actions, including equitable relief, which involve the health, safety, or welfare of the occupants or owners of residential housing. The Court hears summary process (eviction) cases, small claims cases, and civil actions involving personal injury, property damage, breach of contract, discrimination, and other claims. The Housing Court also hears code enforcement actions and appeals of local zoning board decisions that affect residential housing. The Housing Court has 10 judges authorized to serve its five divisions – Boston, Northeast, Southeast, Western and Worcester – and conducts satellite sessions in 20 locations every week.
- Housing Court Administrative Office
- Housing Courts by County
- Housing Court Filing Fees
- Housing Court Forms
- Housing Court FAQ
- Lawyer for a Day Program
- Limited Assistance Representation (LAR)
- Jurisdiction of the Housing Court Department
- What is Mediation?
- ¿Qué es Mediación?
- Tenancy Preservation Program
- Time Standards
- Small Claims
- Self-Help Housing
- Search Court Dockets for Public Case Information
- Attorney Portal for Housing Court Cases