About Pay-As-You-Throw in Massachusetts
- Pay-As-You-Throw Basics for Municipalities
Learn about the benefits and challenges of implementing PAYT.
- MassDEP Pay-As-You-Throw Implementation Guide, January 2004
An overview of solid waste unit-based pricing and how to plan, develop and implement a program.
- Massachusetts Municipalities with Pay-As-You-Throw Programs, January 2014
Information on 141 cities and towns with PAYT programs. The MS Excel version may be used to search and sort data.
- Map of Massachusetts Municipalities with PAYT Programs - October 2013
Shows which towns and cities across the state have implemented curbside and drop-off programs.
- Pay-As-You-Throw Bag Vendors on State Contract, August 2012
Any town, city or state agency is eligible to purchase plastic PAYT trash bags through state contract FAC55.
- US EPA Pay-As-You-Throw
Helpful information from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Pay-As-You-Throw Curbside Programs
- Case Study: Town of Ashland Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009
- Case Study: Town of Hamilton Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009
- Case Study: City of Malden Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2010
- Case Study: Town of Wrentham Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009