About Pay-As-You-Throw in Massachusetts
- Pay-As-You-Throw Basics for Municipalities
Learn about the benefits and challenges of implementing PAYT.
- MassDEP Pay-As-You-Throw Implementation Guide, January 2004
An overview of solid waste unit-based pricing and how to plan, develop and implement a program.
- Massachusetts Municipalities with Pay-As-You-Throw Programs, July 2012
Information on 136 cities and towns with PAYT programs. The MS Excel version may be used to search and sort data.
Map of Massachusetts Municipalities with PAYT Programs - October 2013
Shows which towns and cities across the state have implemented curbside and drop-off programs.
- Pay-As-You-Throw Bag Vendors on State Contract, August 2012
Any town, city or state agency is eligible to purchase plastic PAYT trash bags through state contract FAC55.
- US EPA Pay-As-You-Throw
Helpful information from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Pay-As-You-Throw Curbside Programs
- Case Study: Town of Ashland Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009
- Case Study: Town of Hamilton Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009
- Case Study: City of Malden Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2010
- Case Study: Town of Wrentham Pay-As-You-Throw Program, July 2009